Тhe Оriginal Stream Does Not Have The Desired Resolution and Transcoding is Required
The Base Stream Transcoding is necessary, if you want to create a multi-bitrate stream or to change the transcoding parameters of the original stream.
To add transcoded streams, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Log in to the Universal CDN Control Panel at my.ucdn.com.
2. Navigate to the My Zones tab located at the top left corner.
3. In the My Zones section, click on the New Live Stream button if it is not already created.
4. Enter a friendly name for your stream.
5. Enable HLS via HTTP from the Base options.
Important! If activated, the “Include Base stream in the master.m3u8” option may lead to strange behavior in the player since the duration of the .ts segments of the original and the transcoded streams may differ.
6. Add the transcoding by clicking the “Add” button on the “Base Stream Transcodings “section.
7. From the pop-up window, you can adjust the parameters of the new transcoding slot of the base stream:
- Resolution. You can choose between 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p or 2160p resolutions.
- Video Codec. H.264 is the currently supported compression algorithm.
- Frame Rate (FPS). You can choose between 30 or 60 FPS.
- Profile. You can choose between baseline, main or high profile. More additional information you can find here!
- Audio codec. AAC is the currently supported audio compression algorithm.
8. Click on the Add Live Stream Zone button.
Any changes in the settings of your running stream will cause a restart of the stream session.
To delete running transcoding, first, you need to deactivate it by unchecking the “Active” option. Then click the “Save Changes” button.
The Publish URL and Publish Key can be viewed on the Main settings page.
Publish URL and Publish Key can be obtained on the Instruction page along with the URLs for your base and transcoded streams. Click on the “View stream” button located next to your base or next to your transcoded streams to get their URLs.
Use the URL next to the Master file which includes the transcoded streams or use the URLs next to them. It is not recommended to use the URL next to your Base stream.