Why is it important to enable 2FA for your UCDN account?
2FA adds an extra layer of security beyond just a password. Even if someone obtains your password, they won’t be able to access your account without the second factor (such as a unique code from an authentication app or email).
Knowing that your account is protected by an additional layer of security provides peace of mind. It reduces the risk of falling victim to phishing attacks, social engineering, and other cyber threats.
How do I enable 2FA on my UCDN account?
1. Login to your account with your email and password.
2. Click on your email at the top right corner of your user panel.
3. Click on View Profile in the drop-down menu.
4. At the bottom of the displayed page, you will see a section Set Up Two-Factor Authentication:
5. Choose if you want to use an External App or your Registration Email with UCDN.
– Using an External Authentication App:
You have a choice amongst many options like Google Authenticator, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator, and others. These apps generate time-sensitive, one-time passcodes (TOTP – Time-based One-Time Passwords) that users enter along with their username and password during the login process. The codes generated by these apps are unique and change every few seconds, adding an extra layer of security. To set up 2FA with an app, users need to scan a QR code displayed on the website or enter a secret key into the authentication app, linking the app to the specific account.
– Using your Registration Email:
In this method, after entering the username and password, you will receive a verification code in your registration email. You must enter this code within a specific timeframe to complete the login process. While this method provides an additional layer of security, it is generally considered less secure than authentication apps because email accounts can be vulnerable to hacking or unauthorized access. Only the last received code will be valid for a one-time login. If you need to log out and log back in, you will need to enter a newly received code for Two-Factor Authentication.
IMPORTANT: You can choose only one method of Two-Factor Authentication for your account – Email or Authentication App.
6. When you click either the Authentication App or Email button, you will be prompted to enter your account password. After entering your password correctly, you will be shown:
– When using an Authentication App: A screen with a QR code for linking your Authentication App with your account:
IMPORTANT: if you’ve deleted your account from your authenticator app or you cannot access your linked device, you’d need to contact our support team for assistance.
– When using your Registration Email: You will receive a 6-digit authentication code on your email, that you will need to enter into the input field on your user interface screen at UCDN:
IMPORTANT: If you did not enter the code in time, you can request a new code on your email with the button resend the email. Only the last received code will be valid.
7. Once you have chosen your method of Two-Factor Authentication successfully, you will receive a message at the top of your user panel:
DONE! Now your account is Two-Factor Authentication protected and next time you login, you will be required to use your method of 2FA Authentication:
If you want to change your method of Two-Factor Authentication, you can go through the process mentioned above once again.
CAUTION: Exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your authorization key, as doing so may pose potential risks to the security and integrity of your account.
If you feel that your account has been compromised, you should immediately contact and inform our support.